Friday, January 8, 2010

Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze



I had some very ripe banana's sitting on my kitchen counter yesterday and instead of throwing them away I decided to make some banana bread. So I searched the internet for a simple recipe and I came across this recipe from Cooking Light called Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze. With a name like this I just couldn't resist trying it.





Note: Instead of rum I used apple juice to make it non alcoholic. I also added extra coconut and sprinkled it on top soon after it came out of the oven and then added the glaze over that.

Mmmmmmmmm.




We devoured it last night and my husband is requesting me to make another loaf for tomorrow. Um, oh yeah! Luckily it was super duper easy to make! Hope you enjoy this one!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Tammy (Princess Natalie's mom) says:
    This looks delicious! WOW! Too bad I live a lond drive away! I bet my mom would love to try some too (if Clell can save some of the next batch for her)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMM! It's making my mouth water. I bet it would be good with the rum, too - the alcohol (and alcohol-y flavor) would probably cook off, especially since it bakes for an hour. It would be like little slices of spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. Lucky Clell, did he at least clean up for you:)

    ReplyDelete