Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 30 Day Photography Challenge - Day 10

Day 10 Challenge is Childhood Memories.
 
Lens: 18-55 ML
ISO: 800
Aperture: 10
Shutter Speed: 1/5
 
I think I was about 6 years old. I really wanted to play checkers but my brother and sisters were off doing their own thing. I looked around and remembered seeing my father sitting at the dinner table with piles and piles of paperwork stacked up high, along with a big calculator and pencils. I had a feeling he was doing something quite important that day and I shouldn't bother him. Looking back I believe he was doing taxes, he owned a business and was an accountant by trade. And so I was hesitant but slowly walked over to my dad and asked him if he wanted to play a game with me. For a second I thought he would say no by the way he looked at his paperwork but then he said he would love to. We played several games that afternoon. I don't know why this memory has stuck with me. I think it was because I felt at that moment that I was very important. Playing checkers with me was more important than those piles and piles of papers that I knew nothing about at the time.   
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment