Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Spicy Black Bean Chili

Love this time of year. The summer heat is finally over and the cool brisk weather outside makes you want to have a nice warm bowl of soup. That is what I did yesterday for dinner. I got out my MIL's famous recipe ....




Here is what you'll need.

2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 (10oz) can Ro-Tel Diced tomatoes with chilies
2 large yellow crookneck squash, diced or sliced
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 can corn (or frozen)
1 large bell pepper, chopped
4 large cloved garlic, minced
1 lbs ground turkey, beef or ham (whatever you prefer)
1 Tbs ground cumin
1 Tbs chili powder
1 (10 oz) can of water
1 can black beans

How to Prepare:

In a skillet saute lightly, onion and bell pepper in a small amount of olive oil. Add your meat and minced garlic and cook until meat is no longer pink.

Add all the remaining ingredients and water and simmer uncovered for about 1 1/2 hours.

Serve with grated cheese, sour cream and tortilia chips.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. MMMMM...I love Chili. And I never thought to put squash in it, what a good idea! I've seen some recipes for pumpkin chili that I really want to try.

    ReplyDelete