Friday, June 5, 2009

Pan Roasted Spiced Apples

I LOVE baking! Unfortunately I really can not do any baking in our household since my husband and I are both trying to eat healthy. The only time that I get to bake is either when we have visitors or I volunteer to bake for an activity. Well, last weekend, my brother and his wife and kids came by to visit. Yeah! Which means we were in for a delicious surprise! I decided to baked an EASY dish. Just my style!.

Pan Roasted Spiced Apples. This is so yummy!



What you need:




Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Spray a cast-iron skillet or glass dish with a light film of butter-flavored oil or PAM.

Peel and slice apples.



Combine sweetener and spices. Sprinkle over apples.

Side note: I didn't have cardamon in my cupboards, no worries, I just added a little more cinnamon and sugar.



Roast for 10 minutes until sweetener and spices are bubbly and apples are beginning to grow soft.



Serve with not-fat vanilla ice-cream if desired. Serves 4-6.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment