Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Vogue inspired

As I was at Joann's taking advantage of the pattern sales, I saw this and fell in love.



So I decided to go and make my own version for my little daughter. I used McCall's pattern M5791 and just played around with the bodice front and back.



I love the back of the dress with the cute bow placed at the top, so I added it on this dress. This took me awhile to figure how to do this.




I also loved the style of the front with the sleeveless bodice. It reminds me of the 60's. So I tweaked the pattern to create this style.



Now, all I need to do is add the zipper. I want to add an invisible zipper but I do not know how to do this yet. I will have to come back to this project later.



But so far so good! I still can not believe that I did this!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh my heavens! LOVE that DRESS!!!!
    that's the look i've been trying to achieve...hmmm i may need to look at this pattern you mention! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it! This means a lot to me! I am going to sew some more stuff!!! Maybe something with pleats?

    ReplyDelete