Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Puff Sleeves

Remember when Matthew bought Anne of Anne of Green Gables, her dress with PUFF sleeves....

"That's a Christmas present for you, Anne," said Matthew shyly. "Why--why--Anne, don't you like it? Well now--well now."

For Anne's eyes had suddenly filled with tears.

"Like it! Oh, Matthew!" Anne laid the dress over a chair and clasped her hands. "Matthew, it's perfectly exquisite. Oh, I can never thank you enough. Look at those sleeves! Oh, it seems to me this must be a happy dream."

I love that Movie!! Well, this week I have finally sewed my first puff sleeves!I am so excited! It was so intimidating but I pulled out the pattern and directions and watch youtube "how to" videos and went for it and here it is. Ta da!!!



Lovely, don't you think?

Sometimes I just sit back and find myself admiring my work. It is only sleeves but I did it. It took me a couple of times to get this sleeve on right. I had to pull out my trusting friend, the seam ripper, once or twice. Ok like 10 times. Here are some photos of what I did. I'll also show you what NOT to do. I think in the beginning of my blog I will probably be showing you "what not to do" more often. I apologize in advance since I am still in that learning phase. So bare with me please.

What not to do:
Here is what happens when you get overly excited and start sewing your elastic on the back that I forgot to make sure the ribbon was safely away from the needle. Opps.



This is what it is suppose to look like.



When I finally got the elastic on right I just sew up the sides together and also hemmed the ends up.



Afterwards I gathered my sleeves and adjusted them. I then pinned them onto the bodice and sewed!



Now I can put sleeves on anything! I might even give these a go.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment